- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Step 2In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, beer, cheese and chilies. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan; spread batter to evenly fill pan. Pour melted butter on top of loaf.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
Per Serving:202 calories; 7.6 g total fat; 20 mg cholesterol; 501 mg sodium. 26.5 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; Full Nutrition