- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine zest
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Drain pineapple well, pressing out excess syrup with back of spoon. Reserve 3/4 cup of the syrup.
- Step 2In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, reserved syrup, egg, butter and grated tangerine zest. Set aside.
- Step 3In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center, and pour in pineapple mixture. Stir just until blended. Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Step 4Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
Per Serving:249 calories; 6.5 g total fat; 29 mg cholesterol; 412 mg sodium. 43.9 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; Full Nutrition